You live outside the US and sell on Amazon.
You are an international entrepreneur who has decided to sell on Amazon.com. This opens up the US market to you, and you can use Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) to take care of the shipping to all 50 US states. Unfortunately, you don't know anything about US laws, sales tax, or any other rules so you can be successful and compliant working here in the US. But we do.
Here are your challenges:
- Running the Business in Another Country - entering a new market in another country can be exciting, challenging, and frustrating. The United States is particularly difficult to navigate with not only its federal laws but also its state and local laws. You also need to deal with customs and international shipping. You definitely wish you had someone to help ensure you are avoiding pitfalls and using the most of your time and resources.
- Sales Tax - you want to be compliant in the US, but our government doesn't make it easy. You know that as an Amazon FBA seller, you have nexus in 15+ states, but you aren't sure where, when, or how to register and file. You don't know if you need to register as a corporation, and if so, where and how? And how do you open a US bank account? It almost makes you want to give up altogether.
- Customer Returns - customer returns aren't as easy to handle when you aren't in the same country. You need to decide whether they should go to a US-based fulfillment center, be destroyed by Amazon, or returned one at a time to your country.
- Amazon - on top of all of your other challenges as an international seller, you still have all the same challenges as any other Amazon seller.
- Cash Flow - it's challenging to know when you should be investing in more inventory, paying yourself more, increasing your marketing, or setting money aside for future needs.
- Accounting - you may know if you're making a profit on what you sell, but you don't know if that's enough to support your overhead or the growing inventory needs for your business. You don't know if you're profitable overall, and you don't know which of your products is making the most money.
International Amazon Accounting Services
Catching Clouds provides a complete outsourced ecommerce accounting service for your Amazon business.
International US business registration and special sales tax license registration
Ecommerce consulting - ongoing business, technical, and process optimization guidance
Setup of integrated cloud accounting, cloud inventory, sales tax, and supporting tools
Virtual controller service
We're like no accountants you've ever met.