You sell on Amazon.
Maybe you fulfill the orders yourself, or maybe you take advantage of the full services of Amazon by warehousing your products and having Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) fulfill the orders for you. In any case, you have unique needs that not many accountants understand. But we do.
Here are your challenges:
- Running the Business - you're wearing 50 hats at once - sourcing product, handling customer service, marketing, competition (including Amazon itself), and hiring help. You're in charge of everything, and sometimes that makes it difficult to do everything well. You sometimes wish you had a sounding board to help ensure you are headed in the right direction and using the most of your time and resources.
- Amazon - as great as Amazon can be, you've heard horror stories of the company pulling the plug on sellers willy nilly or fear Amazon becoming your biggest competitor. You're wondering how you can best protect your business in this love/hate relationship.
- Customers / Competitors - you live and die by the listings and feedback on Amazon. You strive for the Buy Box, struggle with pricing/repricing, wrestle with managing returns, and work hard for the best customer feedback you can get. And while you do all of that, you're trying to defend against unscrupulous competitors who sabotage your feedback, steal your listings, and undercut your pricing.
- Cash Flow - it's challenging to know when you should be investing in more inventory, paying yourself more, increasing your marketing, or setting money aside for future needs.
- Accounting - you may know if you're making a profit on what you sell, but you don't know if that's enough to support your overhead or the growing inventory needs for your business. You don't know if you're profitable overall, and you don't know which of your products is making the most money.
- Sales Tax - if you are an Amazon FBA seller, you have nexus in 15+ states, but you aren't sure where, when, or how to register and file. And just thinking about it makes your eyes roll into the back of your head.
Amazon Accounting Services
Catching Clouds provides a complete outsourced ecommerce accounting service for your Amazon business.
Ecommerce consulting - ongoing business, technical, and process optimization guidance
Setup of integrated cloud accounting, cloud inventory, sales tax, and supporting tools
Virtual controller service
We're like no accountants you've ever met.